Breakfast (5 min): egg skillet with kale and onion
Dinner (15 min): coriander dill pork chop; roasted cauliflower seasoned with fresh lemon zest, crushed red pepper, parsley, garlic, and s&p
Snacks: yogurt with bananas and honey; cinnamon and apple oatmeal
I have 11 days left of the challenge. These last two weeks seem to pass slowly. I am getting along just fine; in fact, by getting a few free meals from my church I have enough money to spend over $7 each day. Still, there are many foods I cannot afford to eat. Here is a list of foods I am most craving:
1) ALMOND BUTTER!!! I painfully watch my husband eat through jars and jars of this. Peanut butter is okay, but it is just not the same.
2) Goat cheese – one of the most sensual foods I eat, goat cheese on top of fresh bread with a bottle of wine is a killer combination.
3) Dark chocolate with sea salt – enough said.
4) Giant veggie omelette – right now I can only afford one or two veggies for breakfast. I really miss having spinach, tomato, red bell pepper, mushroom, and onion all smothered in cheese in my omelettes.
5) Green beans – my all-time favorite vegetable is often out of stock at ALDI.
If I have enough money the last week of this challenge, I will totally spend it on one of these items. Until then, I will make do.